Traffic Management Operator
MOONEE VALLEY CITY COUNCIL
Moonee Ponds, VIC
Traffic Management Operator
- Permanent Full-Time
- Classified as Band 3
- $59,721.00 - $65,913.00 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Fortnightly RDO’s Available
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 118,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses.
Positioned within our Infrastructure Services department, this opportunity will see you undertaking the successful delivery of Council’s proactive cleaning program, in addition to operate the traffic management utility within the municipality.
Reporting directly to the Jet & Vacuum Senior Operator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain traffic management utility’s general maintenance on a daily basis ensuring it is washed out and cleaned using councils OHS Management System (MYOSH)
- Report the damage, malfunction or any incident of plant and equipment to supervisor immediately
- Assist with the general administrative functions relating to works within Infrastructure Maintenance
- Update the Asset Management System to record traffic and drainage data.
To be suitable for this position, you will possess the following:
- Experience operating a traffic management utility.
- An ability to understand and create standard Traffic Management Plans relating to road and footpath works within road and footpath networks.
- Good all round knowledge of traffic management signage and traffic management principals
- Ability to report all hazards having the potential to cause injury or illness promptly in councils Corporate OHS Systems.(MYOSH)
- Good computer literacy skills for accessing and recording data, including Microsoft computer applications and Councils Asset Management System
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email email@example.com or call 9243 1122.
For further information please view the Position Description or contact Jonathon Horne, on 0433 470 325.
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 1 September 2019
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: